Venezuelan opposition candidate Henrique Capriles has threatened to take action over disputed votes he claims were “stolen” by Nicolas Maduro’s government.
Mr Capriles demanded details of an audit of the vote the electoral council says it will carry out.
Mr Capriles said the council had a “deadline” of Thursday, but did not specify what action he would take.
Mr Maduro won the 14 April election by less than two percentage points.
He was sworn in as president last week, succeeding his mentor Hugo Chavez, who died in March of cancer.
But the opposition cried foul, and tensions in the divided country have reached fever pitch, with the government accusing the opposition of fomenting coup attempts and the opposition accusing the government of “desperate lies”.
Nine people died in post-election protests and both the government and opposition are planning more protests on 1 May.